Information on studying or continuation of your education

I would like to study or continue my education in Switzerland. How do I proceed?

Please contact the school or educational institution of your choice. They will inform you of the admission requirements and decide independently on your admission.

Will I be admitted to a Swiss university with my foreign baccalaureate?

Switzerland has three different types of higher education institutes: universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teacher education. Your admission is decided solely by the institute of higher education you have chosen. You should therefore contact that institute directly.

Detailed information on the admission requirements of Swiss higher education institutes can also be found on the swissuniversities website:

For admission to the degree programmes, the educational institute requires recognition of my foreign baccalaureate. How do I proceed?

In Switzerland, there is no authority responsible for the recognition of general upper-secondary level qualifications (e.g. general baccalaureate). Such certificates entitle the holder to enrol in higher education but do not prepare one for work in a specific profession.